Kendalia School District #14 (#2 - Gourley)
[1918 - 1927]
Kendalia School District #14 - (Gourley) was located on the property of Leslie Gourley. Records indicate that this property was deeded to the school district since deed records indicate that the Gourley location property was sold back to Leslie Gourley when the school was moved.
There is not an identified reason why the school was relocated around 1917-18 from the Garven location. It is not known if the old Garven school house was relocated or a new school house was built. School records in 1917-18 by teacher Cecilia Woodall noted that the Garven school was in good condition and had a library of 60 books. It was reported (recollection of Leslie Gourley) that a new wooden building was built in 1925 to replace the old wooden building.
The Kendalia School District #14 school was at this location on the Leslie Gourley property for approximately 9 years. In 1927 it was moved to the townsite of Kendalia where the current school is located. There is no record in the school records why they school was moved at this time.
*additional student listings are under research*